As my blog grows (slowly but surely), I’m realizing that the internet is full of people who I don’t know. I mean, duh. But I like to make my blog personal, so I figured for those of who you do or don’t know me, I could do a post all about who I am and some quirky things about me. In an essence, it’s an autobiographical blog post.
This isn’t to be like, “Oh, OBVIOUSLY you want to know ALL about me, so now you can!” I just know that I appreciate it when people I connect with online are genuine about their lives and down to earth about things.
That being said, here are…
20 Things About Me That You May or May Not Find Interesting or Important
1. In the summer of 2015 I accepted Jesus as my Savior, and have been a new creation ever since! Most people assume that someone who identifies them self as a Christian grew up going to church, but I didn’t for a good part of my childhood. There was a time in my life where I was proud to not believe in a greater power. Now, God continues to work in my life and heart and grow me in ways I didn’t ever think were possible. God is so good, and it’s crazy seeing how He works.
2. I’ve grown up on the stage. Since the age of four, I’ve been a musical theatre girl, and since that age I’ve been: making up songs about the food I’m eating, dancing awkwardly in public settings, and mocking 1900s actors in everyday conversations. This past month, I was inducted into the National Thespian Society, which is pretty cool. Favorite musicals include: Dear Evan Hansen, Bring It On, Legally Blonde, A Very Potter Musical (& Sequel), Finding Neverland, The Last Five Years, Once, Heathers (lol), & The Little Mermaid. Anything showtuney? Sign me up.
3. As of this point in my life, I’ve never left the country! I have big dreams about traveling, though. 😉
4. I’m really into beauty things. I could talk about what type of foundation is the best, or my go-to wardrobe pieces, or fashion for hours! And I do.
5. I’ve been through plenty of the phases that many people go through at one point in their life: the Twenty One Pilots Phase, the Hamilton Phase, the Minecraft Phase, the… “Yeahhhh” Phase (AKA I had “It’s so FLUFFY!” as my text tone and I always had my sound on so people would hear it), the I-Don’t-Wanna-Grow-Up Phase, and even the Fedora Phase (sigh). Good times.
6. I’ve never been a very healthy person. I have a fast metabolism, so I’ve always just eaten what I want, but now? I’m slowly altering how I treat my body so that I maintain a healthier lifestyle and mentality! I’m making carrot-chia-seed-banana-spinach-mermaid-scale smoothies left and right and ACTUALLY holding myself accountable for at least once a week workouts. Thank you, YouTube, for providing me with online fitness gurus who post their favorite exercises for me to gain motivation from.
7. I play the ukulele (have for six years!), guitar (for about two years), and can do basic chords on the piano (about five months, oops). I’ve been singing since birth, pretty much, and I can play a mean kazoo.
8. Last November, I got braces glued onto my teeth. I went through a process of having both a top AND bottom expander at once (which sucks by the way, and now I’m down to only the bottom expander). I have top and bottom braces and will have metal in my mouth for approximately another year. Right now I also have a bite plate. The things I do for straight teeth.
9. Until part way through eighth grade, I’d had bangs all of my life. Also until a few months ago, my hair has always been pretty long. Now, as you can see in the picture, I basically have a lob (a long bob), and I love it.
10. My favorite place I’ve ever visited has to be Nashville. My family and I went there while my older sister was going on college visits, and we took a week to visit Belmont University as well as explore the city. I already enjoyed country music before going on that trip, but after my week in Tennessee I gained a new appreciation for it. 🙂
11. My best friend and I used to hate each other. I mean, secretly, behind each other’s backs, when we didn’t even really know who the other person was. But hey, it’s funny how things work out.
12. My biggest fear is heights. That being said, I do enjoy the adrenaline of roller coasters, but throughout the entire time in line and ESPECIALLY going up the first hill, my anxiety skyrockets. I suppose it’s more of a fear of falling than anything else.
13. My top celebrity crush is 100% Rupert Grint. I know lots of people don’t think he’s attractive, but I do. Plus, he’s a sweetheart. Also, I’ve always had a thing for redheads.
14. My favorite television shows include: House Hunters International, Pretty Little Liars, The Great British Baking Show, Glee, New Girl, The Middle, Say Yes To The Dress, and Once Upon A Time.
15. As a fan of musical theatre, most people assume that’s all that I like. Besides my miscellaneous musical soundtracks, I enjoy listening to: French pop and rap, country music, Pentatonix, indie/soft pop, today’s hits, Christina Perri, Ed Sheeran, 90’s pop, contemporary Christian, and instrumental music.
16. What’s my favorite thing in all of Creation, you ask? The SKY. I have a gazillion pictures of the sky on my phone. I love how, no matter who or where anyone is in the world, the sky is something that ties us all together. I’m always looking up, and probably at least once a day you’ll hear me say, “Do you SEE the sky right now?!”
17. I have an almost two-year-old dog named Mister Bennet. He’s a shitzu yorkie mix: a shorkie. And actually, when we first got him, his owner told us he was a girl, so for his first day at his new home we called him Mia… short for Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi, inspired by The Princess Diaries. However, we soon discovered that “she” was a “he,” and named him ‘Mr. Bennet’ after the character in Pride and Prejudice.
18. Besides Mr. Bennet, I have three other members in my immediate family: Mom, Dad, (duh), and my older sister, Kendra. Kendra is now a sophomore in college, and very shortly I will be a sophomore in high school (summer come fast)! That makes me fifteen years old, and a high school graduate in 2020.
19. I get the majority of my clothes from H&M, Kohl’s, Forever 21, and my aunt’s boutique. And actually, my aunt (hello, Aunt Marcie!) is a big influence in my life and I’m considering opening a clothing store of my own in the future.
20. I hate sushi. I’ve tried it multiple times and never liked it. Sorry world, it’s a no from me.
🍒 🍒 🍒
So, there it is!
May Challenge update: Sooo I was supposed to be jump-roping for this month, but the first few days of May were SUPER COLD (like 30°), so I switched June and May’s challenges around. This month is now “Mindful May,” which is basically where I’m more intentional with how I do everyday things. This also includes daily meditation (which is kind of weird tbh) and writing down my achievements and blessings before bed. Overall, it’s really positively impacting me, so that’s good.
Thank you for taking a few minutes to read this! Remember that where you are right now is not your final destination.
Blessings! Lauren Joy